Thursday, February 24, 2011

Donations Needed for Great Cause

As some of you may already know Sept. 10-11 this year I will be participating in The Shopper's Drug Mart Weekend to End Women's Cancers to benefit The Princess Margaret Hospital here in Toronto. I have pledged to walk 60km over 2 days and to raise $2000 in donations for the cause. As you can see I have a long way to go. This event has been running for 10 years and a large portion of the donations goes directly to the cause funding state of the art medical equipment better services for cancer patients, survivors and their families, as well as to fund research with the aim to eradicate women's cancers.

This cause is very dear to me as it is to hundreds of thousands of others around the world. Nearly everyone will have known someone who has been touched by one of these devastating illnesses and know the constant struggle both physically and emotionally by it's unfortunate victims.

I ask you to help me today, by visiting my personal page for The Walk and donate whatever amount you are able. All donations done through the site go directly to the cause and amounts over $10 will receive a tax receipt (be sure to leave your email address as this is how they are sent out).

Thanks so much

Angie

Obviously MARvelous

9 comments:

  1. I'm following from the blog hop.
    I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
    Thanks!
    Mika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving you a follow back thanks for stopping by at Whitehead's monthly menu! I love shephards pie and havent had it in ages. I think that will be put on the March menu .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow. Following you back:)

    Laura
    www.agoddessoffrugality.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! I am now follow you on GFC as RambleSAHM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm now your newest follower! :)

    Happy Thursday!

    April
    http://greenmissionmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the follow! I am following you through google and networked blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by! I'm now following both blogs you linked :)

    Sarah
    http://carstrucksandteethingrings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. I am now following you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!
    I am your newest follower! Thanks for checking out my site!! Looking forward to reading your blog!
    Karissa

    ReplyDelete