Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Library Time

Being the first Tuesday of the month I don't have much to add about what I've read as I'm still reading Vanity Fair.  I just haven't had the time this past month, hopefully, will get more reading done now that Christmas is over.

Every Tuesday I attempt to take the kids to Forever Family Storytime at our local library, most weeks something comes up and we don't make it and the times we do, we generally have to leave early. 

Today we just made it into the room and Hailey was more interested in fiddling with the buttons on the stereo then listening to the stories and dancing to the songs, after 3 times bringing her back, I said it was time to go, but to my disappointment she quite happily put out her arms to put her coat on. 

She is at a stage where she likes to do the opposite of everything I tell her, lol.  Fun times ahead.

Items we checked out today:

First Experiences It's Potty Time : First ExperiencesFirst Experiences It's Potty Time : First Experiences by Roger Priddy

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


Not that great but does show how boys are supposed to used the big toilet
View all my reviews

The Potty Book - For GirlsThe Potty Book - For Girls by Alyssa Satin Capucilli

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Great book for my daughter who is just showing interest in potty training
View all my reviews

Winter Theme
How to Build a SnowmanHow to Build a Snowman by Jo Moon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Kids love this touch and feel book, Dylan would love to build a snowman, we just need it to snow.
View all my reviews

Here Comes Jack FrostHere Comes Jack Frost by Kazuno Kohara

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Story was cute, but illustrations are a bit boring.
View all my reviews

The Snow BearThe Snow Bear by Maggie Kneen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Me and the kids quite like this cute story. The pages are embossed and have beautiful illustrations.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment